Search This Blog

Custom Search

Feb 18, 2012

5 dollars meal-A Classic Campbell’s Easy Freezer One Dish Meal

As I prepare my meals for the month I always choose a Campbell’s Recipe for my quick one dish meal. Campbell’s creates some of the best easy freezer recipes I have found. I love the fact that I can look right on the can for something different to try.
I found this Chicken Pot Pie Recipe, I tried it and we love it. Most of the Campbell’s recipes use 5 ingredients or less and are $5 or less to prepare.
As of today I will start pulling my Monday recipe’s from the Campbell’s Kitchen, soup can or cookbook as I really can’t stress enough to try and incorporate these recipes into your meal planning, they are truly the best low budget meal ideas for simple cooking.

Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

Campbells’ Kitchen
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Meal Preparation Ingredients:


  • 1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup




  • 1 pkg (approx. 9 ozs.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed




  • 1 cup of cubed cooked chicken or turkey




  • 1/2 cup milk




  • 1 egg




  • 1 cup of all purpose baking mix (like Bisquick)



  • Meal Preparation Directions:
    1.    Mix soup, vegetables and chicken in a 9-inch pie plate
    2.    Mix milk, eggs and baking mix.
    3.    Pour over chicken chicken mixture
    4.    Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 30 minutes or until golden
    Meal Assembly:
    Serves 4- 6 – add a mixed green dinner salad and a bowl of fresh fruit for a delicious cheap and easy one dish meal that is healthy for the heart.
    TIP: Used canned chicken or left over turkey from the freezer.
    Tip: Double the batch for one of the easiest make ahead freezer meals.